Summer is in full swing and many families are hitting the road for vacations. Before you head out on your vacation, keep in mind these quick safety tips!
Inspect Your Vehicle
Inspect your vehicle and make sure everything is in good condition. Be sure to check:
- Fluid Levels (Coolant, oil, wiper fluid)
- Components Under the Hood (hoses, belts, connections)
- Lights (brakes, turn signals, headlights)
After you check your vehicle for maintenance, it’s time to get your vehicle prepared for emergencies. Prepare your vehicle for emergencies by:
- First Aid Kit
- Roadside Kit (jumper cables, flat tire kit)
- Emergency Tools (flares, knife, window-breaker)
- Comfort (clean clothes, toilet paper/wipes, blanket)
If you’re preparing for a long road trip, packing and checking your vehicle is only half the job. Consider packing these items for your comfort while driving:
- Car charger
- Vehicle ties
- Paper map / downloaded map from GPS (when/if Internet service goes out)
Make sure you get enough sleep before driving and consider getting coffee or a caffeinated drink. Take turns driving with other licensed individuals traveling with you.