Random Issue #1: Brakes taking longer to make a complete stop?
- Hearing Anything: A grinding metal sound or maybe a squeaking sound every time you apply the brake peddle no matter how much you apply pressure.
- What’s Happening: Over time your brake pads are work down from consistent driving, weather conditions or road debris that gets caught in the braking system.
- Does this need attention? Yes, when your vehicles breaks become a concern its always best to plan to have your brake pads replaced ASAP. When it’s convenient for you, make an online appointment at Ed Payne CDJR Service for a break service and inspection for a peace of mind when driving your vehicle. Feel free to look at our current service specials – terms and conditions apply.
Random Issue #2: Steering wheel vibrating on a smooth road?
- Feeling Anything: When driving on a flat smooth road do you feel your arm or hand shacking or vibrating?
- What’s Happening: Different road types can cause ball joint (Driving Suspension Components) can be damaged, wheels can be come out of alignment or unbalanced tires.
- Cause of concern? The best course of actions is to make an online appointment at Payne Weslaco Ford to complete a 42 Multipoint Inspection by our OEM certified technicians. Our techs will looking under the hood and under the vehicle from front to back to identify any signs of wear and tear components or parts the tech may feel needs attention or replacement for your safety and those around you. Feel free to look at our current service specials – terms and conditions apply.
Random Issue #3: What unbalanced tires can cause for your vehicle
- Feeling Anything: When your driving do you happen to notice your steering wheel is turned more to the left or more to right?
- What’s Happening: This is being caused by a tire that has lost tire pressure (PSI) or has become unbalanced. A cause for a unbalanced tire can we the small weights placed on the inside of the tire as come off due to weather conditions, adhesive loss, or a deep impact to the tire can cause this to come off, causing the steering wheel to be turned more on one side then another. Unbalanced tires can effect your MPG range and can cause a uncomfortable drive.
- How to correct the issue: Schedule an online appointment or visit us at Payne Chevrolet and drive in to get your vehicles tires balanced correctly while completing a 42 Multipoint Inspection by our OEM Certified Technicians. Feel free to look at our current service specials – terms and conditions apply.
Random Issue #4: When is it time to buy new tires?
- Feeling Anything: When you are driving in wet conditions and apply your breaks you feel your peddle vibrate or feel push back when braking? Your tires are sliding because there is no tire tread, this is a dangerous situations and need your immediate attention.
- What’s Happening: Tire are synthetic rubber or natural rubber that wears down over time. A way to tell if your needing a new tire is if you see metal wire, no tread in the middle of the tire or has a hole puncture on the edge of the tire as this kind of puncture cannot be safely repaired.
- Does this need attention: If you are experiencing any of these situations more then likely you will need to replace the tire. This can easily be done at Payne Edinburg CDJR Service . Feel free to look at our current service specials – terms and conditions apply.