Hurricane season runs from June 1 through November 30. That is 182 days of potential hurricanes!
This hurricane season, make sure you are prepared with these helpful tips:
Be Safe Before:
- Watch the news, radio, or keep informed about the storm online to see new updates.
- Restock your vehicle’s emergency preparedness kit
- Plan how to communicate with family or friends in case of emergency
- Review your evacuation route
- Make sure your vehicle has a full tank and is in working condition
View our blog on Hurricane Preparedness: How to Stay Safe in the Event of a Storm
Be Safe During:
- If your area is under a hurricane warning, be sure to seek shelter immediately if you are out or stay inside.
- If told to evacuate, do so immediately and do not drive around barricades
- Retreat to the highest level of the building you’re in if flooding is happening.
- Stay away from fast-moving water, do not drive, walk, or swim through the water.
- Keep safe in a windowless room, a hallway, or a low floor that is not affected by flooding.
- Keep an ear out for information from authorities or news channels regarding the storm.
Be Safe After:
- Listen for any special instructions by authorities
- If cleaning up, wear protective gear and clothing and work with a partner.
- Do NOT touch electrical equipment, especially if the equipment is wet or if you are standing in water. Always turn off the breaker first before working on electrical equipment.
- Avoid standing water, do not drive, walk or swim through it.
- Document any property damage with photographs for your insurance company.
View our blog on Safe Driving: How to Navigate the Road in the Rain
Payne Auto Group
Payne Auto Group strives to help our community in any way we can–which is why we made sure to help out during Hurricane Harvey and during the 2018 flood, last summer (below).
Stay safe this hurricane season and be sure to follow Payne Auto Group for community information, future events, and promotions this summer!