Vacations can be so much fun for you and the whole family. While you may have planned everything down to the final detail, getting into an accident can end your fun.

But what happens if you get into an accident while out of state or out of the country? Read on to see what you should do if you get into an accident while vacationing.

Out-Of-State Accidents

The first thing you should do after an accident is to call the police. Gather evidence by taking pictures of the damage, witness statements, and the other driver’s information.

If you are not familiar with whether or not this state is a no-fault state or not, you do not need to worry.

If your claim falls within the guidelines of your policy (not the insurance laws of the state where the accident occurred), you shouldn’t have any trouble with your claim or receiving compensation.

Out-of-Country Accidents

If you are planning to travel out of the country with your own vehicle, be sure to check if your insurance is valid abroad. If not, speak to your insurance agent about adding the appropriate coverage before you leave.

If you are planning to drive a rented vehicle, be sure to opt-in for the appropriate insurance, as this can save you a headache in the future. You should still report any accident you have in the rented vehicle to the police and contact the car rental company as soon as possible.

Payne Insurance Group

Payne Insurance Group wants you to be safe and covered while out on the road!

Payne Insurance Group provides insurance for auto, home, commercial, and much more! Payne Insurance Group has partnered with over 13 businesses across the Rio Grande Valley, As a result, we have created a one-stop-shop for all your automotive needs.

Get your FREE insurance quote today!