Whether it comes to inclement weather, a flat tire, or just plain stranded–it’s always best to be sure you have an emergency kit in your vehicle.
It’s important to prepare for any sort of situation that may arise when you’re out on the road. Here are a few suggestions to create your ultimate emergency kit:
- A sturdy bag to keep supplies in
- No-spill gas can
- Jumper cables
- Roadside flares / reusable LED flares
- Flat tire repair kit
- First aid supplies kit
- Small tool kit (screwdrivers, pliers, tire pressure gauge)
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- Emergency car battery charger
- Spare phone & charger (solar battery charger)
- Car escape tool (seatbelt cutter, window breaker)
- Blankets & an extra change of clothes & shoes
- Duct tape
- Vehicle fluids (antifreeze, oil, washer fluid)
- Towing supplies (strap or chain)
- Sanitation (toilet paper, hand sanitizer, wet wipes, trash bags)
- Non-perishable food (granola, bottled water, energy bars)
Keeping these items in your vehicle will surely keep you safe in any situation while you’re on the road.
Be sure to restock your emergency bag every so often to keep any non-perishable food fresh, or to replenish any used items!
Stay Safe Out on the Road!
Follow Payne Auto Group on Facebook and Instagram to keep up with future events and promotions.